Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Prom Date

For months now the branch presidency has been telling us about the YSA prom that takes place tomorrow night. President McMurdie emphasized the importance of finding a date, and the importance of dating in general. Bottom line, all of us were told to try our best to get a date. There was an FHE lesson geared towards a question and answer session about it. Now I honestly had no intention of going to this thing. It's not exactly my cup of tea and the wheelchair doesn't exactly scream "Let's dance!" ya know? But I figured since we were told to, why not? So after the FHE Q and A session I went up to the guy who taught it, Kevin Pulley (a return missionary who just came back from Peru recently) and asked if I could talk to him for a minute. Being the nice he is he said sure, I said, "Would you like to go with me?" He thinks for a minute then says, "Sure, we can go." And there you have it have a date. A couple days ago I asked him, "Are you sure I'm not gonna be like holding you back, cause if you like to dance that's cool but I'm not the best person..." He said, "Kimmie it's cool, usually at dances I'm the guy sitting at the table talking to people" Good deal! I felt better. I've gone to other dances where it's been fun but it really depends on who you're with...which is why in the past I've never gone to dances cause I never had a really fun group of people to go with. Kevin and I are gonna be there with his sister and her friend Jordan, and I finally covinced my best friend in the branch, Laura, to be there even though she doesn't have a date. She is so much fun and I know we'll be a fun group! Me, Kevin, his sister Rachel, and Jordan will go to dinner and than meet everyone there later. And guess where we're going to dinner? HAHA! Rachel said she's always wanted to go into a Chuckie Cheese or a Peter Piper Pizza all dressed up...she thinks it'll be so funny and so fun! I laughed soooo hard, I was like "Okay...fine with me!" Haha, I don't know why it hit me so funny. Anyhow I hope everything turns out great. Mom has been nuts with making sure everything is as perfect as it can get, probably cause this is the first time I've gone out with a member, not only a member but a return missionary. She has that look of excitment when she talks about it. As if she's thinking. "Oh my gosh my daughter's finally doing it right!!!" It's kinda cute =) But today she calls from work and goes..."I don't think the shoes work..." Gotta love mothers...=)Þ


6 Comments:

Blogger jenerekfamily said...

LOVE it - especially your Mom going all "ga ga" about it. I hope you have a fun time. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Haha! I laughed about your mom getting all excited, too!

And good job for asking that guy! I'm real excited for you to go and I hope that you have a blast a Chuck-E-Cheese! I can't wait to hear how embarrassing or how awesome it was to be there with your prom clothes! Too fun!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kenton and Marianne Ogg said...

Pictures, I want pictures of you all at dinner playing games! =) I am so excited for you! I know you will have such a fun time!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kenton and Marianne Ogg said...

Ok, you need to update us on how it went! And cute shoes! =)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I am anxious for pictures!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

so cute! you're so good to be obedient to Pres. McMurdie! and so brave! i'm still such a woose at that stuff. :)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home