Midnight & Shadow
Today two black lab pups came and laid under the huge tree in our front yard for shade and have been there ever since. Before dinner I went outside to play with them and they are so sweet! Most labs will just jump and pounce at you no matter what, but these guys have really mellow tempers, even the most agressive of the two. Since I didn't want to continually yell, "Hey dogs!", Grandma and I decided to name them for the time being. Hence the title Midnight & Shadow. One is a boy and one is a girl. We're sure someone is looking for them because they are very well trained and they don't look like strays, collars but no names. They were beyond thirsty and hungry, I felt so bad for them. I know Kellie's extreme love for animals rubbed off on me because I couldn't just leave them alone. I had to make sure they'd be ok. I kept asking mom and dad what we could feed them and mom gave me some lunch meat, which Midnight (the one in the blue collar and the more agressive one) gobbled up. It makes me so happy to be helping them because I miss having my Buffy. No, I don't miss how he peed on absolutely everything (especially as he got older) but he was my baby, and I love him so much. We aren't sure wether Buffy had a seizure and died somewhere or whether someone stole him, either way, if someone else has him, I hope they're treating him the same way we're treating Midnight and Shadow. We're not keeping these guys, we want their family to find them. Anyway, after dinner, I went back outside to play with them and man are they fun! I stayed out for over an hour while Puncle went to the store to get puppy chow and dad put out a big bucket of water for them. When Puncle came back I looked at both dogs and said, "There's dinner, go see Punk! Go get it!!!" and they ran to him. He gave them a nice cool down with the hose, they loved it! I took a picture of the two of them on our front door step, and if I had the kind of phone you can hook to a computer and retrieve stuff, I would totally put it on here. For those of you who have text messaging and picture messaging capabilities and want to see it, let me know. When I finally came in the house, I needed a shower. Hehehe! Mom wouldn't let me touch anything until I got cleaned up, but I don't care cause it was totally worth it!!!!!!! They're still out there now and I hope they're there in the morning too. =)

8 Comments:
I didn't know Buffy was gone--how long has he been missing?
I hope you can find midnight and shadow's family! Good luck, and have fun with them while you can!
They're still out there. In fact, I fed them this morning at 6:30 AM. They wouldn't quit barking and finally I'd had it! Got in my chair, poured 2 bowls of puppy chow and sat outside with them...I am so tired...=)
Buffy has been for months now, maybe even close to a year.
Hopefully the pound doesn't come and pick them up. Are you going to put signs up for people who might be looking for them?
The pound was called by our neighbor, Gloria cause the dogs ran after her husband as he was taking the garbage out. But the pound is closed on weekends, thank goodness. We called the Arizona Lab and Large Breed Rescue cemter and left our number. So until furthur notice, these guys have taken up residence at our house...and have reported for duty as our guard dogs.
I am so glad you guys are taking care of them! I, of course, have a huge place in my heart for dogs and would be doing the same thing! Too bad my dogs couldn't come over and play with them!
I am so glad you guys are taking care of them! I, of course, have a huge place in my heart for dogs and would be doing the same thing! Too bad my dogs couldn't come over and play with them!
How fun! What a great surprise to have two adorable babies right in your front yard! Hope the owners find them soon! You're so good to care for them!
I'm so sorry about Buffy! Poor little guy!
Kimmie! It's not something everyone knows about. A swap (in this case) is a scrapbooking/cardmaking term. I signed up to join a card swap and a recipe swap. What happens is the person "hosting" the swap sets up the guidelines for the card swap (like colors, techniques or embellishments to be used) and then people sign up. If 10 people sign up, we all make 10 cards and mail them in to the host and then she takes one of each card sent to her and sends back a pack of all the cards to everyone that signed up. Same thing with the recipe swap. This month, we're swapping soup/appetizer recipes. It's a small scrapbook page with the recipe on it. This month's card is fall/Halloween themed So fun! :) You're so cute to ask! I forget that not everyone is an insane scrappy person! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home