Update
Once again, Nat, love your cute blog reminders!
I know...I know...I promised you guys before I left that when I got back from W.V. I'd actually have pictures & I do...they just happen to be on dad's computer and try as I might, I can't seem to be able to E-mail them to myself so I can get them on mom's laptop, which is in my room, so I can blog about them. I'd just do everything from dad's computer, except that he's picky about his stuff and lately he's been on it a lot because he's hooked on Solitaire. Seriously you guys, I am peeved about this. I was on his computer for what seemed like forever just trying to attach the folder with the pictures in it. I sign into hotmail/msn, click on new message, click attach, and hit a road block. So I try it again a different way. I move the folder to the desktop and try the click/drag move. Doesn't work. I get a message that tells me, "Windows wants to open these images in a new web page." I DON'T WANT TO OPEN A WEB PAGE!!! I just want to attach files to my E-mail. That's it. So hard? Shouldn't be, yet I try again. I go back to the desk top. right click the folder with the files, click on send to mail recipient, and the computer starts to read the files so I think ok, finally this stupid thing is working with me. But my relief didn't last. A minute later, I got a message that basically said, "Sorry, our program doesn't support your E-mail address because you haven't upgraded to the new Windows Live Messenger" and then at the bottom of that, "To make a new passport click here." WHAT?!?!? WHAT?!?!? Are they nuts? My mailbox was upgraded to Windows Live, whatever the heck that means. The only difference is a new look when you sign in and a tiny bit more storage. And, if you don't agree to upgrade, they just do it for you. One day I just signed in and it was different. Oh, and I guess it offers more ways to interact with people but what do I need that for? I have a messenger already that IS Windows Live and the only person I talk to on it is my friend Mel. I don't even do that much. So after trying and failing several times I lost it. I knew if I didn't just get away from the computer, I was going to cry. Mom wants to put the pictures on a CD. She tried, it came out blank. So I guess it's my turn to try next. Other than that I don't know what to do. Sorry about my rant guys, but as soon as my dad's jacked computer decides to give me a break, I'll make good on my promise and you'll get pics.
In happier news, after FHE last Monday, I was taken aside and given a calling in the Relief Society presidency as the secretary. I already love the other counselors I'll be working with. A lot of the sisters are spanish speaking so I'll get to use my talent in that. It'll be interesting because sometimes I feel like I'm starting all over again, I kinda am though because I let my spanish get really rusty. I get by but I understand it now better than I speak it. Oh well...=)

2 Comments:
FABULOUS new calling for you. I'm very excited about that.
Number 2 - do you have a "flash drive"? If you don't, you need to get one. Then you can just move the files over to your flash drive and transfer it to your computer. It takes hardly any time at all, and the flash drives are really cheap.
Can't wait to see the pics.
Congratulations on your new calling! (It seems weird to congratulate you, but it's cool - so Congratulations!)
Good luck on the computer stuff. Why can't it all be easy?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home