The Best Smoothies In Town
Don't let the title fool you though, this post actually has very little to do with smoothies and more to do with where I work on Wednesday's and a friend I made there who just happens to make THE BEST smoothies in town!
As most of you know, on Wenesday's I volunteer at Phoenix Baptist Hospital. I work in the medical staffing office doing data entry and anything else they need done. But the best part of my time there is getting to hang out with Erika. She is so, so awesome. Her dad has a little stand there in front of the south building where I go in every time. Thanks to public transportation I need to leave the house at 7:30 if I want to make it in time for my 9:00 shift, which totally used to tick me off. But ever since I became friends with Erika I could care less! She's so much fun and easy to talk to, we get along great. She's an English major (just graduated, YAY FOR HER!) and she eventually wants to be a writer which I am very excited for because she is very creative. Most of the time I don't have time to eat before I leave the house but it's ok because this girl makes THE BEST fruit smoothies in town! I'm so serious! Today she made me one that was out of this world good...the peach smoothie! She even gave it to me on the house. Oh my word you guys, heavenly! You all know how much I love peaches...oh man it was divine. And a major job perk for Erika is that if there is anything left over in the blender, she gets it, so it works out that the peach one is her favorite =)
She has such a big heart. I couldn't believe what she did today. She knows how tired I've been because I haven't been sleeping well lately. So we texted and she says, "Where are you?" I told her I was in the medical staffing office (which is in the north building just across from where she works) and she takes the time to bring me something to drink so I can sip on it and stay awake. She's just very kind.
I'm realizing that as far as friends go, God is really looking out for me. I am incredibly blessed. I have great friends from church and now a great friend from work, I don't know what did to deserve Erika and all the incredible people I have in my life, but I sure am grateful.
Thanks Erika, for making my Wenesday's a little brighter! =)

3 Comments:
Kimmie, Love your blog. You have a definite gift for the English language. When you write, I feel I have been right there. Love ya.
I know exactly the smoothies you're talking about! My brother had two shoulder surgeries there and I hung out in the waiting room with Lily (when she was teeny), but not before I stopped at that stand for breakfast!
Kimmie Kieth!!
I LOVE your blog, you are too cute!! I love seeing what you are doing, I think about you all the time!! Here is my blog too, I am still learning, but PLEASE kit!! Please tell sweet Jan,I say hello and give her a BIG hug for me ;) Love you lots girl!
Melissa Holland
http://lovelifestreasures.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home